Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Journal 5


The documentary “Dive” was a real eye opener. The premise of the movie is based on the idea of food conservation, or not wasting food. The short film was extremely informative, and gave great facts. I never knew that half of the food produced world wide ends up going to waste. The truth is that people are starving to death everyday, every minute a life is loss due to malnutrition, or lack of food. It was astonishing to see young adults trying to feed their families by diving into dirty dumpsters, but after I saw the process, I was moved to see how much food was edible. More than edible, it was totally solid food being tossed into a dumpster. The ramifications were staggering; to think everyday this much food is being tossed. Respect for earth and its resources moved me the most. In a time were we consume, rarely to being stop and think were did this food come from, or how is it here, and what happens to all the leftovers. In the US alone, roughly 35 million people are food insecure, 1 out of every seven households. I look forward to unpacking this serious issue more in my reaction draft on “Dive”.

No comments:

Post a Comment