Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Last Journal Titled "This Class Rocked"


I really enjoyed this semester, and after ENC1101, I was totally pumped about what ENC 1102 was all about, I just hoped it wasn’t as boring as the first round. To my surprise, not only did I get a professor that I admired, but I was also in for an exciting adventure. As soon as I saw the video selection, and found out we were going to be building a blog, I was already totally stoked. This was my first blog ever. I knew blogging had become popular a few years back, but I really had no interest. More recently family members had been blogging, and I was thinking, what is this blog thing really all about. This semester I learned. First off it was simple, building and maintaining was so simple, just a few clicks here, and a few clicks a week, and I to had my very own, not bad looking blog. I was impressed. With almost no effort I was able to build a sharing house for others that was approachable and useful. Needless to say, I’ll probably be using this in the future. I am a bit of a media junky, I love watching meaningful documentaries, not only did I get the chance to watch movies in class, but I had the opportunity to write about what I watched, and share my thoughts with the entire class. Reading classmates responses gave me a feeling of empowerment. I felt more inclined to make my responses meaningful and in the process, I got to know some of my classmates on a more personal level. In college, for me at least, your not always given the opportunity to get to know your neighbor, but this proved to be an excellent experiment in sharing and getting to know one another, as well as getting to know yourself and your writing style in a different way, a good way. With the wave of the future and all it social media outlets, this was most defiantly a valuable experience I look forward to using in the future. I hope this approach is well received, I don’t know who would trade this in for a “traditional” ENC1102 class. The combination was just the right balance. Thank You!

1 comment: